Monday 20 February 2012

Sound Design and Credits

Today i spend looking at making sounds for my game concept 'Nimbo'. I wanted to create buttons sounds and a simple voice sound in which to use potentially in the game demo in which is being put together by john. I started today working in sound looking at loops and prerecorded sounds in Logic in which i can use and edit for the button noises, after playing around changing different sounds, cutting and whiching noises i was unsure of what would work for my game in terms of sounds. I had a strong idea in which i want Nimbo to sound (squeeky and young). With my loading opening screen i thought i could have someone voice over the word nimbo telling players how it sounds and people wil understand the cloud as a child.

I recorded Ryan Pentney preforming the voice saying nimbo in which to use. I like how it turned out although i may have to test it with john and get other oppinions of the sound. From this sound i thought that some buttons may have voices in which say words rather than simple typical button sounds. Because of nibmo moving as a anamatic for the menus i recorded 'Here we go' as the sound that could be used for the items, play and buy buttons because it will look and sound like nimbo is moving to the next area.

I also got some simple mummbled versions of nimbo and nimbos fathers voice in which i could place over the speech bubbles during the simple introduction anamatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment